It’s another morning without sleep and you are completely exhausted. People suffering from insomnia are very likely to be four times more prone to be diagnosed with depression. Here are some more points:
- People are most likely to suffer from cardiac problems.
- Due to a lack of sleep, the cognitive functions become messed up and hence it leads to more mistakes and accidents.
- When you are not well rested you tend to miss your work even more than usual and it leads to a lot of unproductiveness.
What exactly is Parasomnia?
Parasomnia refers to the disruptive sleep disorder which occurs when you wake up from REM sleep. It can also occur due to partial arousal from the non-REM sleep. Parasominas can actually include waking up from sleep completely confused, sleepwalking, nightmares, and night terrors.
Nightmares refer to the vivid events which can leave us with a feeling of fear and anxiety. Usually if someone is having a nightmare they would wake up abruptly from their REM sleep and is able to describe their dream content quite vividly. Nightmares can occur due to a lot of different reasons like anxiety, illness, serious effects from a medication or even losing someone close to you. It is important that you go see a doctor if you are suffering constantly from nightmares.
Easy Tips For You To Help Combat Parasomnia
- Make Yourself Comfortable: Sometimes the small thing bug us and does not let us have proper sleep. Maybe it’s the mattress or the pillows. A person who is suffering from insomnia is likely to wake up from sleep when they hear a loud noise. The best sort of sleeping environment you can have is when you sleep in a dark and quiet bedroom.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine intake: When you drink alcohol your brain